[Logo] Air Video Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AVS Linux - Download links & information  XML
Forum Index » Air Video General
chri

duc wrote:Thank you for your continue replies. I managed to stop the airvideo server by rebooting the box. When I use the lsof -Pnl +M.... command I get nothing return. So that means the server is not running? After that, I manually start the server using your suggestion 'java -Djava.awt.headless.....'. It message returned looks good as it didn't state that the port is being use.

I am in the process of updating to alpha6. I noticed when I ran '.make', I see a lot of warning messages. Is this normal? I will post back when I get the ffmpeg file installed.

Also, I am fairly new to the linux and its command. How do I debug the connection and view it's log file if it doesn't work? Thanks again.

chri wrote:His repo is apparently using the alpha 5, not the latest 6 (i am not sure how much it matters) which gives you the problem of the server being outdated. Download alpha 6 and follow mbirths guide, and use mine as inspiration if needed. It is not as difficult as it seems.

The information posted suggests that the server is running, and to debug it further you have to stop airvideo by killing it and launching it manually to access the log of your connection attempts.

Yapp seems like it works as expected, but try to connect with your phone and you should see some text appear in the terminal were you ran the command to manually start airvideo. The text will give some hints on what's wrong.

Remember when you create ffmpeg that you already have a version from the repo and you therefore only need to build the binaries of the patched one from airvideo with the commands ./configure and make (skip make install). Then just link to the libraries from your config file, and yes warnings are common. If there are serious errors the compiling (configure and make) will break with an error message before it is finished.
duc

Ok, I am pulling my hair at this point. I still can't get it to connect without giving me the update error message from the phone.

I have updated to alpha 6 ( I don't think that matter). I have a funny feeling the server is not connected even though I have successfully manually start the server. BUt after I do that, I try to check with the 'lsof..' cmd. It shows nothing. That means it is not connected.

Here is a funny part. I also created an auto startup script and putting in the /etc/init folder.
start on runlevel [2345]
stop on shutdown
respawn
exec sudo -H -n -u user /usr/bin/java -jar /opt/AirVideoServer/AirVideoServerLinux.jar /opt/AirVideoServer/stream.properties

When I try starting that with this cmd 'sudo start avs', it say it is started. When I check it with 'sol...', it shows something with java. Now when I manually start the server using jav -Djav..', it says the address is in use. If I stop the auto script (sudo stop avs), then start it manaully, I get this. This means the server has started and is ok right? But if I check it with 'solf...', I get nothing.

DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Initializing Thumbnail Cache; Java Version: 1.6.0_20
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Created new Snapshot Index BTree2011-07-28 18:07:40.166::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-07-28 18:07:40.213::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
2011-07-28 18:07:40.283::INFO: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:45631
DEBUG: PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (21471211)
DEBUG: StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (8846886)

Whatever I do on the server side, I still get the update server message from the phone side.

Talent in many, master at none.
[WWW]
chri

Start from scratch and get it work by running it manually -=before=- you create boot scripts.

first delete the folder you have now, second remove airvideo packages by sudo aptitude purge airvideo-server

Then follow mbirths guide and start the server. Your output on the screen should be something like

DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Initializing Thumbnail Cache; Java Version: 1.6.0_18
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Loaded existing Snapshot Index BTree with with 74 items.2011-07-28 11:39:59.171::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-07-28 11:39:59.194::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
2011-07-28 11:39:59.226::INFO: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:45631
DEBUG: PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (1187526605)
DEBUG: StatusReportAction: Scheduling task StatusReportAction$2 (1313946977)

which means it works and the server is up and running, and can be verified with the previous commands whch gives something like

java 25182 1000 18u IPv6 6526447 0t0 TCP *:45631 (LISTEN)
<user> 25182 0.1 0.8 1385552 33132 ? Sl 11:45 0:00 /usr/bin/java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar /AirVideoServerLinux.jar /test.properties

Then try to connect with your iphone while being on the same network (delete old server references on the iphone and add them again with the local ip that can be found by sudo ifconfig -a on the server)

Then everything should magically work, and if not the errors will be reported given that your phone can connect at all, meaning that if you have blocked the port in a firewall on the server then you better open it.

duc

ok. I have started over and deleted my existing airvideo. Followed the mbirth link from the beginning of this thread. When I try running airvideo server, I get this result.

DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Initializing Thumbnail Cache; Java Version: 1.6.0_20
DEBUG: SnapshotCache: Created new Snapshot Index BTree2011-07-28 19:58:26.169::INFO: Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-07-28 19:58:26.216::INFO: jetty-6.1.x
2011-07-28 19:58:26.286::INFO: Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:45631
DEBUG: PortMapperAction: Scheduling task PortMapperAction$2 (13665843)

It seems like it is working. But notice the second debug line is not there as from your example. Not sure if that matter; however, I try to verify if the server is up and running with lsof. Unfortunately, I get nothing in return.
I used this cmd while in the appropriate folder to start the server.
java -jar AirVideoServerLinux.jar test.properties

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/28/2011 13:12:40

[WWW]
chri

Seems like the server works. Now try to connect and see if the server reports something back with the ip from sudo ifconfig (remember if you close the window you also exit your airvideo server instance).

If that doesn't work check iptables if you have anything blocking port 45631 with iptables --list .

(you will have to be on the same network as the server so if you are hosting it from home then use the wireless network at home)
duc

chri wrote:Seems like the server works. Now try to connect and see if the server reports something back with the ip from sudo ifconfig (remember if you close the window you also exit your airvideo server instance).

If that doesn't work check iptables if you have anything blocking port 45631 with iptables --list .

(you will have to be on the same network as the server so if you are hosting it from home then use the wireless network at home)

I'm still unable to connect locally. Here is what my iptables look like.

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTAB LISHED
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:openvpn

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
ACCEPT all -- 192.168.0.0/24 anywhere state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT all -- 10.8.0.0/24 anywhere
REJECT all -- anywhere anywhere reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

[WWW]
duc

Ok. I finally got airvideo to work both locally and remotely. The problem wasn't the installation but the configuration, naturally. For me, it was a combination of weird settings to make it fully work.

The big kicker in the nuts was that I didn't correctly type in the ip address/server name. I was typing in with this format 'http://ip_address' instead of just 'ip_address'. Secondly, I was not able to connect to the server remotely if I start the server manually (java -Djava...' cmd). I needed to add a boot script to have it connect remotely. Lastly, I needed to set to both and not just tcp when forwarding the port on my router.

My next task is to get the bonjour working. I am not sure how to invoke it but I have created a file (avs.service) and copy it to my /etc/avahi/services folder with these lines.

<?xml version=”1.0″ standalone=’no’?><!–*-nxml-*–>
<!DOCTYPE service-group SYSTEM “avahi-service.dtd”>
<service-group>
<name replace-wildcards=”yes”>%h AVS</name>
<service>
<type>_airvideoserver._tcp</type>
<port>45631</port>
</service>
</service-group>

Is there someething I needed to set to have bonjour scan for my server? Thanks again Chri for the help and quides.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/29/2011 12:06:11

[WWW]
tulensrma

Hi! Thanks to the good instructions, got AVS running on Ubuntu 10.04. The server starts up and I can connect to it with the iPhone client and browse the files. But when attempting to play something with live conversion, it won't play and the server side gives the following error:

Also, trying to convert files causes this error:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/31/2011 13:17:32

duc

I got another minor issue. Air video is running fine but I have a little issue connecting using the 'play' mode. When I do, it wants to load the video and it crashes back to the video thumbnail. I believe it has to do with me using privoxy. If I bypass using privoxy on the iPhone, I can view the video. Do I need to create an iptable for air video using proxy? What would be the settings? My privoxy is running on port 3128.

[WWW]
chri

tulensrma wrote:Hi! Thanks to the good instructions, got AVS running on Ubuntu 10.04. The server starts up and I can connect to it with the iPhone client and browse the files. But when attempting to play something with live conversion, it won't play and the server side gives the following error:

Also, trying to convert files causes this error:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Compile the provided ffmpeg source and link to the binaries in the confguration. The provided ffmpeg source has been patched...
crazysim

Finally got it working on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Downloaded the Jar
Downloaded InMethod's FFMpeg
Downloaded x264 from Videolan
Installed required packges from the wiki.

Compiled x264
Compiled FFMpeg with the x264 that was just compiled without messing up the distribution stuff. (http://superuser.com/questions/270511/how-to-specify-search-folder-for-external-library-while-building-ffmpeg)

Ran server to check configuration.

Add a simple two liner text file to supervisord for automatic startup and monitored shutdown and all the other nice furnishings.

Whew, so much work! I wish there was something like the intellij idea script downloader and debian packager that is on GitHub for this.

Anyway, my question is how do you specify conversion destination folders with this version of AVS?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/2011 08:27:35

kaysindre

What went so horribly wrong?
internaut19

Hello,

I am trying to get the latest Alpha6 working and for some reason none of my movies play on my Iphone. This is what AirVideo is outputting and the movies seem like are loading but after it goes back to the play options screen:
diegonob

Is there a change to set color of subtitles in the config properties of AirVideoServerLinux ?

thanks
KorP

today update x264 and have error:
DEBUG: Thumbnail: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.116: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/26/2011 10:35:56

Forum Index » Air Video General
Go to: